Monday, October 26, 2009

Pizza Dough


2 cups of warm water
2 tbs yeast
1 tbs sugar
dissolve the above

Add 1 1/2 tsp salt
5 cups flour

Mix until workable with hands. Will make 2 17" pizza crust. You don't not have to let this dough rise, you can start working with it as soon as it is done.

I like to make pizza in my cast iron pans.
Melt a little butter in bottom of pan, sprinkle corn meal in bottom.
Place you pizza dough in the bottom and spread with finger until it is the size of your cast iron pan.
I brush a little oil or butter on top of the dough sprinkle a little garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Add my cheese next then veg and meat in that order. Then place my sauce on the top. That way the cheese doesn't burn.
When the pizza is done I then add a little cheese on the top until it is melted.

My family loved it.

No comments: